Thursday, February 2, 2012

Vintage Better Homes and Gardens


I just picked up 32 issues of Better Homes and Gardens from the 1950's and 60's for $10 (I love Craigs List!)  I am trying to find some vintage Kohler bathroom advertisements for a current bathroom update (keep your fingers crossed!)


I just opened my first issues, May 1956, and feel like I have already "Hit the Jack-Pot" (no Kohler adds yet, though.)  The articles, fashions, decor, recipes are FANTASTIC! Check out this article I found on making your own slipcovers...


Just yesterday I was scouring the internet for ideas and tutorials for making your own slipcover.  While I found plenty of inspiration (check out this site Pink and Polka Dot) I couldn't find any simple and easy tutorials.

I can't wait to try the instructions from this article, results are sure to follow soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment